Friday, March 2, 2007
Oops, Our Trip Is Over

(click on pic to enlarge)

I have never been so glad to be home from a trip in all of my life. There were fun parts of our trip to LA but there were horrid parts as well. Such as the horrible LA traffic. I never want to see traffic again! And then there was the night the hell raisers moved in the suite above. After the manager gave them their 3rd warning to quiet down I called and asked to have our room moved but they were full up. Fortunately the people moved out at 3am. We weren’t able to see some of the things we wanted to because of the Oscars. They had areas roped off so we couldn’t get to certain places in Hollywood.


(click on pic to enlarge)


But we did have some wonderful parts of the trip. Such as hanging out on the famous Santa Monica pier (I was chilled from the wind so I wore TWO jackets), finding Sprinkles Cupcakes in Beverly Hills (Thanks to Secret Agent Josephine), finding Pinks Hotdogs (just before the lunch rush hit), seeing the Chinese New Year parade in China Town and even having the “dragon” come in the restaurant and set off firecrackers while we were eating, touring the Queen Mary in Long Beach and even doing the Ghost tour (I was the annoying person that screamed every time someone so much as sneezed), seeing a few celebrities, going into the Louis Vuitton store on Rodeo Drive and pretending that I was going to buy something, discovering Farmers Market and getting lost in the maze of shops there for hours, eating at the famous Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles, getting a fake Dooney & Burke purse from China Town (which I have received many compliments on), and many more memories which are just too memorable to remember right now. All in all it was a nice trip but I have to admit, I am an East Coast girl. The west Coast is nice and has it’s own unique vibe, but give me the East Coast any day. I guess we long for the familiar.

If you would like to see our vacation pictures you can head on over to my Yahoo photo album and check them out.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 11:11 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At March 2, 2007 at 1:12 PM, Blogger Sam

    What gorgeous pictures! I would love to see a Chinese new Year's parade complete with dragon!!

     
  • At March 2, 2007 at 8:20 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    and the best part about China Town, Sam, was the fake designer purses everywhere you looked. I thought I had died and gone to heaven!!!

     
  • At March 3, 2007 at 3:38 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    I remmember the first time I went to LA. I drove over the mountain, and saw the city in a soup bowl of smog.
    And I lost all my Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comic books there too.

     
  • At March 3, 2007 at 7:48 AM, Blogger Pynchon

    Marion Davies. Mistress of William Randolph Hearst, nemesis of Orson Welles.

    Wasn't "Rosebud" a reference to a very private part of Ms. Davies' anatomy?

     
  • At March 3, 2007 at 7:59 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    You lost your comic books there Mark and the hubster and I lost our perscription sunglasses there. We left them in the rental car and now they "can't find them". yeah, right.

    Hmmm... I thought Rosebud was a sled Pynchon. I like your take on it better. Ha ha.

     
  • At March 3, 2007 at 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    the sprinkles rv mix comes with a cream cheese icing recipe, so you can make it fresh-even better!