Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Oops, Love is a Bitch

(click image to enlarge)

I don’t fall in love often, but when I do, I fall hard and fast. sigh… I’m in love. I’m in love with the most beautiful pair of shoes in the universe. It all started last night when we went to the shoe store so the hubster could buy a new pair of kicks. I had bought a pair of my standard white Reeboks earlier that day. So off we went back to the shoe store so the hubster could get shoes. That store was having a “buy a pair, get a pair free” sale. I fell hard for this beautiful pair of black sketchers. And of course I bought them. But with the sale I had to get a free pair (of course) so I choose a pair of green Kangaroos. That should be the end of the story and all is right with the world, right? Wrong! The hubster didn’t find shoes that he liked at that shoe store so off we headed to show store #2. Having just bought 3 new pairs of shoes I shouldn’t have perused the ladies show section in show store #2, but unfortunately I did. I found the most perfect shoes in the entire galaxy! But what to do, I had just bought three pairs of shoes, how could I justify a fourth pair? And since I usually just wear bedroom slippers or white Reeboks would I really wear any of these shoes anyway? What to do? So I asked the hubster if I should buy the most beautiful shoes in the universe. He said to do as I liked. In the end I didn’t buy them, but I can’t get them out of my head. They are cute pale tan canvas shoes with cute red cherries on them. Instead of shoe laces they have these two elastic straps. They are from Self Esteem Shoes and are absolutely adorable. How do I love thee, let me count the ways. I even went online to see if they had them cheaper online at www.selfesteemusa.com. They didn’t even have them on their site. And they only had one pair left in my size at shoe store #2. Somehow I have to talk myself into buying them in the next 2 days, because if I don’t I have a feeling I will regret it the rest of my life. Love is a bitch!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 6:34 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At February 23, 2007 at 1:26 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Get.The.Shoes. You KNOW that that is probably all you are going to think about in Cali, otherwise :)

     
  • At February 23, 2007 at 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    OOps! I found you. I've been missing your hilarious adventures. They provide a great break for writer's block.
    You must ABSOLUTELY get those shoes. It was kismet that you found them so, get them. You sound OK, hope you're feeling OK, too. BTW I think you might appreciate the story at http://jillshalvis.com/blog/2007/02/23/how-to-get-an-author-arrested.

     
  • At February 25, 2007 at 8:38 AM, Blogger Sam

    They look so Comfortable!!!
    nice shoes!!

     
  • At February 25, 2007 at 10:21 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Sadly I didn't buy the shoes before leaving for Cali, but I am definately going to get them when I get home next week.

    Hi Ern!!! Glad to see you here!!!

    Many stories to tell about my Cali adventure but our hotel doesn't have wireless and I am paying by the minute now so I will blog when I get home and share pics too.

    Sunny days!!!