Friday, December 26, 2008
Oops, It’s Snot Christmas

(Click on image to enlarge)

I thought it was Christmas but it’s snot. Okay, bad pun. But seriously, all I wanted for Christmas was a clear nasal passage. I didn’t get it. In fact, I’m actually snottier if possible. But I’m nothing if not generous and I shared my Christmas snottiness with my hubby. So instead of loading up the car at 5am today and heading to Maryland, here we sit, drinking orange juice and slurping down gallons of won-ton soup. Our head colds seem to hit last night as we went to bed. Within 2 hours of laying in bed unsuccessfully trying to sleep, I finally went downstairs and slept the rest of the night in the recliner. Not a comfortable position I must admit. We both woke up around 10am and decided to try to make the Maryland trip tomorrow, or maybe even next month. Just not today.


(Click on image to enlarge)

Christmas was a happy affair other than our head colds. Jas spent Christmas Eve here and it was such a pleasure to see her excitement. There is nothing like having a child in the house at Christmas. There should be a law which dictates every household should have a child in it at Christmas time. She was very excited and pleased that Santa left her a skateboard, an American Girl doll, beauty parlor chair for said doll, clothes for the doll too, a race track set, childs sewing machine, sea monster lab, sour candy making kit, etc, etc, etc. There were a lot of things under the tree for Jas. It was a good Christmas. I hope yours was just as nice!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 10:43 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At December 26, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Blogger Jennifer Macaire

    I agree about that law - children are Necessary for Christmas.
    We had our neice's son (my grand nephew?) and he was a riot - (4 yrs old) and so excited and fun.
    I have a terribly sinus infection too - sitting here drinking scalding tea and hoping I get well before the party on the 31st - (New Year Eve's parties when yuo are sick are just about the worst things ever!)
    hugs
    Sam/Jen

     
  • At December 27, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    As I read your post I've had two triple sneeze attacks. . . your blog must be contagious. Glad Christmas was kool for you, glad Jas was able to brighten your eve. Ahh those American Girls, what a racket!! Who did she get Rachael?

     
  • At December 27, 2008 at 3:53 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    Happy Holidays!

     
  • At December 27, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Ah, so I'm not theonly one who had a snotty Christmas. Sorry to hear it Jen. I hope you feel better soon.

    Watch out for those sneeze attacks Ern, you have heard of computer virus, right? I think those are when little fingers have been typing on your laptop (playing at Girls Games and Millsberry) and then you type on your laptop and get the aforementioned germs. Thus - computer virus. LOL I think it was Rachael actually. You are right, what a racket!!!

    Happy Holidays to you too Mark!

     
  • At December 28, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Blogger Tracy Lynn

    That child looks more like you daily.

     
  • At January 1, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    Wishing you a healthy, happy and prosperous 2009!