Sunday, December 14, 2008
Oops, All I want for Christmas


Ho Ho Ho, Marry frigging Christmas. That about sums it up for me this year. It's a crappy end to a crappy year as far as I am concerned. I got nothing, absolutely nothing accomplished this year. This year sucked. And to put the icing on the cupcake, at Thanksgiving my mother in law came here and gave me her horrible plague, which I have had ever since. Everyday, at least two or three times, I can be heard complaining about it. Just makes me mad. But then again, I am so sick and miserable that everything makes me mad these days. Is it too much to ask to be able to breathe clearly? That's all I want for Christmas, clear nasal passages. Come on Santa, pony up with some oxygen.



The day after Christmas will find the hubster and I driving to Maryland again, bright and early. I get the pleasure of spending five days with his mother and sister while he gets the fun task of riding to New York City and Boston with his trucker brother and law in his 18-wheeler. I wanted to ride in the 18-wheeler too until I found out they have to take showers at truck stops. Then spending time in Ocean City with the hubsters mom and sister sounded pretty damned good to me.



In the gloom and doom of my present mucus filled life I do have a bright, shining ray of sunshine. It is called Eggnog Latte! And behold, we shall bring you tidings of great joy which we shall name Eggnog Latte. And all was right with the world. My sadness however, returns when I realize that when January arrives my eggnog lattes disappear from the menu. Life can be cruel, oh so cruel.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 10:37 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At December 14, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    Well, Riding in an 18 wheeler sounds like fun, Ocean City sounds like fun, the day after Xmas doesn't sound like fun, and the fact that it's winter doesn't. You need some stinging hot sun and a snorkel in some 82 degree seawater to clear up that congestion.

     
  • At December 15, 2008 at 5:16 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I agree Mark. The only thing for congestion is 82 degree seawater aong with some searing sun.

     
  • At December 15, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    The year was NOT a loss: You did NANOWRIMO~~
    Thanks for heads up @ eggnog latte. I've never been to a strbcks but this may just push me over the edge. The very, very first recipe I made by myself (in the morning before going to school) was eggnog. I even had to divide the recipe (for 12). I was 7! That was before we had to worry about sam and ella... Try to have a decent holiday in spite of yourself.

     
  • At December 16, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Wow, I've never known anyone that made their own eggnog, especially at age 7. I'm impressed!

     
  • At December 19, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Blogger Cindy N.

    But YOU ARE LOVED!

    I should send you some cheese to go with your whine! I understand the whinning though, I have done a lot of it lately myself.

    Have a better weekend. Take Mucinex!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At December 21, 2008 at 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow, hope you feel better now. I had that horrible fungus death-defying monstrocity of a cold (actually I think it was bronchitis) two weeks ago and I didn't even come close to your mother-in-law! Must be in the air everywhere. Hope you're doing much, much better!

     
  • At December 22, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Aw, thanks Cindy!

    Actually Boomer Chick, you might have come in contact with the mother in laws plague as she lives on Marylands Eastern Shore. See, she's probably infected Virgina now too!