Monday, September 1, 2008
Oops, A Silver Lining

(Actually mine is lime green)

Well bite my butt. Just when you think things are honky-dorry, life kicks you in the back of the knees again. So there I am, walking along through Hobby Lobby this morning, minding my own business. Actually I was getting a mood lift from walking through the Christmas decorations aisle on my way to the 30 % off book lights. (I like to read in bed at night and my Hello Kitty book light is starting to die). When all of a sudden - - - BAM! It hit! The holey, moley, nukker fudding, pain of all pains right square, smack dab in the pancreas. Folks, we bring you pancreatitis courtesy of the pancreas from hell. Damned pancreas. I’ll tell you what though, no darned pancreas was going to keep ME from a shopping trip. So I took my sweet time finding that book light. I even browsed the 40 % off Christmas ornaments and bought a couple of those too. (Brooke, you’ll LOVE what I bought you). Any-hoo, I squeal tires pulling into the driveway about an hour after the pain started and with no time to spare. Because one block away from making it home the bile started rising in the back of my throat. Oh hello old friend (I call my bile Bernie since he burns). Gee I missed ya. I dash in the house, and run up the stairs, slam the bathroom door and Bleeeeeeccchhhhh... Barely made it, but the point is, I made it. The hubster is a smart man (for today at least) and has learned over the last few years (since I’ve had chronic pancreatitis) not to enter the bathroom when I am blowing chunks. He has learned this lesson the hard way. Blowing chunks is a very private thing for me and I don’t care to share that with the hubster. I’ll share a lot of things with him but blowing chunks and cheesecake are two of the things I refuse to share. So why am I in such a great mood when I’ve been stricken with pancreatitis? Thanks to the joy of pancreatitis I don’t have to cook dinner today. In fact, I get to lay in bed and be waited on hand and foot. (well, maybe not the foot part). The hubster is bringing me all sorts of medicines, cold bottles of water, books, the laptop, etc. And the back rubs! Ooohhhh the back rubs. Oh-La-La! See, every cloud has a silver lining. Ain’t it great!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 12:09 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At September 2, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Blogger Sam

    Oh Poor you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I don't care if there is a silver lining - I hope you get Well Soon!!!

     
  • At September 2, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Thanks Sam. I'm feeling much better today and unfortunately had to cook dinner. drat! ;-)

     
  • At September 2, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Well see I found the trick of getting out of cooking... you encourage the hubby to take a job working night shift.. he leaves before supper and is sleeping through lunch.. therefore no cooking!!! :-)then you can go to bed when you want without the undeniable... "aren't you coming to bed yet"?!

    From:
    your old pal Jules who still can't remember her password for this damnable program!!

     
  • At September 2, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    OOohhhh... I like that idea Jules. Me likey! Actually it might be sort of a possibility because Greg is considering a job as a department manager at a retail home improvement store. So he would have evening hours for sure. Not overnight, but definately some late hours. I could have control of the remote again!