Saturday, June 21, 2008
Oops, It's a Flower Weed

(click on image to enlarge)

Flower or weed? That is the question. I don't know the answer to be quite honest with you, but it's pretty so I'm keeping it in my garden. I have a sneaky suspicion that it might be a weed though. Does anyone know?

It seems that snakes like the plant, whatever it is. Because we have found a baby snake by this plant twice in the same week. Did I mention I am deathly afraid of snakes? (Just ask my daughter ... ahem ...)

Meanwhile summer stretches on as does the heat and the Midwest storms. Because of all the standing water the Midwest is suddenly plagued with millions and billions of mosquitoes which have recently hatched. Does anyone know the lifespan of a mosquito? I hope it is short. Because these buggers are nasty, biting ones. The hubster got bit by one right between his eyebrows and it has turned into a huge red bump and looks like someone smacked him in the face with a brick. I swear I didn't. Okay, maybe I did. (just kidding)
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 9:31 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At June 21, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Blogger Cindy N.

    Hey there Terri! I thought, all this time, that you had moved and I was waiting to hear about your new place. I am sorry about the floods in your area and I hope everything is ok at your place. The jerks behind you are wonderful neighbors. They are so helpful and so kind. Sort of like my neighbors! Gotta love em.

     
  • At June 21, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Blogger Cindy N.

    And one more thing....yes, that is a weed in your garden but that's ok, because it make cute little daisy-like flowers.

     
  • At June 22, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    (wildflower) probably rush aster: Canada south to Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio.
    Even a rose is a weed if it's in the tulip garden!

     
  • At June 22, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Nope Cindy, still in Indiana. The move fell through and the hubby moved back to Indy to work.

    Thanks for the info on the flower/weed thing Ern. I knew you would be the one to ask. It is pretty though, isn't it.

     
  • At June 24, 2008 at 7:11 AM, Blogger Mindie

    Some weeds are really pretty. They look a little like daisies to me, but I know nothing about weeds or plants. All I know is that posion ivy is not fun.

     
  • At June 24, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I definately agree on the posion ivy. Took me 30 years to figure out "leaves of three; let it be". I'm a little slow. LOL

     
  • At June 25, 2008 at 1:41 AM, Blogger Sam

    I leave weeds in my garden too, especially if they have flowers! I call them wildflowers, not weeds though, lol.
    I hate mosquitoes. We don't have very many here in France, which is good, because I get huge welts when I get bitten. We do have Lots of spiders though. I have spider phobia, but I like snakes! Did your hubby get another job? What are you planning on doing now? Are you glad to be back in your home?