Saturday, August 30, 2008
Oops, What a Difference
What a difference a day makes. I’m no longer depressed. At least not for now. Last night at ten o’clock in the evening I picked up one of my many notebooks and before I knew it I had eight pages of a new paranormal romance written. The story has just flowed out of me. It’s great to have words flowing from your fingers. Today I wrote a grand total of 2500 words in one afternoon. I’m normally a 500 to 1000 word a day gal if I’m lucky. So to have the words flow like that. Well it’s nothing short of amazing.


(Click on image to enlarge)

I have a notebook obsession. I have perhaps 4 notebooks that are barely used and maybe ten that are mostly full. I can not help myself when I get in a store and see the notebooks. They are like purses. I’ve never met a purse I didn’t like and I’ve never met a notebook I didn’t like. My granddaughter is the same way. She is a notebook junkie just like her Gwanma.


(Click on image to enlarge)

Speaking of Jasmine, I found the hubster in Jas’s bedroom tonight after dinner. Jas has a 30 inch High Definition flat screen TV in her bedroom at our house. Well, doesn’t every eight year old? Actually we are storing it for her daddy. Anyway, I can understand the hubster laying with the dog on the bed. But the teddy bear? The hubster really worries me sometimes. Any by the way, in the above picture I caught Jas’s doggie doing the “stripper stretch”. That is what we’ve named the odd stretch she does many times during each day. She’ll stretch one leg out, then the other leg and then do the front, etc. Quite the odd thing to watch I must admit.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 4:16 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At August 30, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Blogger Marty

    I envy your ability to write so much in one day. I wish that I could do the same.

     
  • At August 31, 2008 at 3:52 AM, Blogger Sam

    That is terrific!!! I haven't written anything in about a year. Just no time anymore.
    I love the photo of hubby watching TV - it's such a man thing to stretch out to watch TV, lol. My hubby takes up the Whole couch!
    I

     
  • At August 31, 2008 at 6:54 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    hah! I envy myself Marty. I suffered writers block for six long months so to be able to flow again...well... flowing is good. I read your ghost story on your blog and you were doing some pretty good flowing with the words yorself.

    No way Sam. No writing in a year? Well I hope that changes because I really enjoy your work. I think your Y.A. is my fav stuff, although the Darla Valentine stuff was a hoot too. Now get back at that keyboard!

     
  • At August 31, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Well, good for you. It always feels so great when you don't have to labor over the writing. Say, did you get my note @ Chicken Poop?

     
  • At September 1, 2008 at 5:29 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I just checked that acct Ern. Sorry, I've got so many email accts that I don't check them all as regularly as I should. I think I've shelved the chicken poop story since I'm not continuing with that group and thus their anthology anymore since we didn't move there. The town DOES smell like chicken poop though and they can't hide that fact!