Friday, August 8, 2008
Oops, The Worst Nightmare EVER


The worst thing in the WORLD happened to me on Tuesday. I still am shaking over it. It was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! Our house is a tri-level. (That means three to people not in the know). I was on the lowest level Tuesday afternoon and fell asleep on the loveseat while reading a book. I wake up and it was really weird. I was awake but not awake. My hand had been dangling on the floor while I was sleeping and I had odd dreams. Scary dreams about snakes and birds in my house. I kept hearing music and ... well I don't know how to explain it. Just weird dreams. Then I go into the kitchen and apparently I fainted according to the hubster. I don't remember it. I remember being in the recliner in the front room on the 2nd level after I fainted.

So I am sitting in the recliner trying to get back to normal. Finally my eyes stop going weird and I start waking up. Next thing I know the hubster goes to the foyer on the first level near the front door, to put on his shoes to start the grill and he yells "OH F**K!" I start screaming and crying and shaking because I know what "OH F**K!" means. It means we have an unwelcome visitor. It means my worst nightmare has come true. It means I'm moving the heck away from this house! I stand up and walk the couple of feet to look at the foyer (while still standing on the 2nd level) and I see IT. IT was coiled up around the hubster's shoes next to my blue crocs. I'LL NEVER WEAR THOSE SHOES AGAIN!!!! I screamed and SCREAMED!!!!!! The hubster had run out in the garage and gotten his work gloves. He picked THE SNAKE up and ran outside with it and threw it over the fence of the empty house next door while I am in the house SCREAMING "KILL IT, KILL IT!!!!!" Now I am scared poopy-less because I don't know if or when it will happen again because we don't know how it got in in the first place. I will NEVER feel safe in this house again. What a NIGHTMARE! AAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 5:12 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At August 9, 2008 at 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    annoying critters, aren't they...I'd be afraid to go down to the first level for months...I'd wait at the top of the stairs trying to hear if there is a snake in the basement, not breathing, waiting for a hisss, listening for a slither, sssssssssssss

    BTW did you a rattlesnake can strike no farther away than 1/2 its body length? So to be safe, always measure your neighborhood rattler and and stand at least half that length away from the beast!

     
  • At August 9, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I'll be sure to keep a ruler by the front door Ern so I can measure the snake ti find out its striking distance. I'll put it next to the pillowcase that Greg put there to put the snake in should he return. I told him if it happens again I am leaving!!! Snakes and I don't mix!!!

    Mr. Toast, if the hubster doesn't kill the snake next time I'm going to beat HIM to death with a shovel! LOL (No, I'm serious!)

     
  • At August 16, 2008 at 10:32 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    Dang, that IS a nightmare! What kind of snake?