Sunday, June 29, 2008
Oops, It’s a Birthday

(Click on image to enlarge)

Yesterday was my granddaughters eighth birthday. Happy Birthday Jas! It is so hard to believe she is eight already. By all rights she should still be in diapers, toddling around with a teddy bear clutched in her arms. Before I know it she will be asking for a car for her birthday.

Jas had a small birthday party at home. Yes, there was some trampoline jumping which I was involved in, but those pictures will NEVER be posted on the Internet. NEVER! I did learn that trampoline jumping is major fun though.


(Click on image to enlarge)

Last Thursday night Jas spent the night with me so I could take her to the movies on Friday as a pre-birthday treat. So in typical “Gwanma” fashion I took her to Baskin Robbins on Thursday night for dessert. I bought her the kiddie cone with gummy worms on the side. The kiddie cone has always been more than enough for Jas, as she is a little petite thing. After she ate her kiddie come she wanted another! I purchased the second kiddie cone and she ate all of that one too. My little Jas has graduated to an adult cone I think.

On Friday morning we went on the webcam so she could open the presents her Auntie Brooklyn had sent from Germany, while Auntie Brooklyn watched on the webcam. One of the presents was a beautiful pink bracelet, which Jas hasn’t taken off since she opened it. Auntie Brooklyn’s presents from Germany were a big hit. After the presents we rushed off to the cinema to catch the first showing of Wall-e. What a cute movie. We loved it!


(Click on image to enlarge)

The movie was mainly about robots falling in love. Wall-e and his cockroach friend (who won’t die) are the only inhabitants left on Earth, as everyone else left for a four year voyage in the Universe 700 years earlier. Clips are shown from older musicals to show humanity before Earth was abandoned. Wall-E, his crush EVE, and all the other robots involved can say little than their name, however, we understand exactly what they mean throughout. It was a fabulous movie. Go see it!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 9:59 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At June 30, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    more birthday wishes to Ms. Jas.
    I want to see Wall-e but I think you have to have a kid in tow to get in.
    No such available.

    Was that a Gwanma-made bunny cake?
    Looked extra fine!

    Happy fourth. Hope your move (back) to IN is complete soon.

     
  • At July 2, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    We saw Wall-E last night. It was great!

    Email me the trampoline pics on the side, I wanna see!

    Happy BDay Lil Miss!

     
  • At July 3, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer Macaire

    Happy Birthday to Jas!!!

    Wall-e looks like a cute film. It hasn't gotten over here yet, but I imagine it will be here during the summer, as it seems like the kind of film kids just love!

    Sam