Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Oops, Our House Is A Home Again

(click on image to enlarge)


Our house is beginning to feel like a home again now that we have my son’s doggie living here. We sort of hope he doesn’t want her back. Look how happy she looks in the picture above. Doesn’t she seem to be saying “I want to be yours forever”. Yeah, I thought that too. And yes, her tongue is purple. In fact, I took steps today in the direction of keeping dear little Chloe forever. I bought her a pink bed. The hubster was offended that I bought pink instead of something like pit bull brown. But Chloe told me pink is her favorite color, so how could I refuse. I also bought her a few toys because it was breaking our hearts to see her play with Moose’s toys. I know Moose is in heaven watching Chloe run in his back yard and he is happy she is happy and has such a large yard to run in now. But our hearts will always have a little piece that is broken because of our grief in missing Moose. He was a good friend. Even though he smelled bad. RIP dear friend, you are sorely missed. :-(
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 5:06 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At September 2, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    there hasn't been a thing invented yet that can make a house a home faster than a grateful dog!
    quite colorful for a tawny dog—pink nose, purple tongue (part chow?)
    Definitely has that 'Is this my forever home?' look!

     
  • At September 2, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I agree Ern! I thought part Chow too but actually she is half pit bull and (I am going to mess up the spelling here) half shar pei. And 100% sweet!

     
  • At September 3, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Blogger Sam

    Ahhh - what a pretty dog! Love the blue tongue!!!

     
  • At September 3, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Don't you both agree that Choloe is looking up at me (I'm the one taking the picture) with absolute love and adoration? So see, she should be mine forever. Let that kid of mine just try and take that sweet little puppy wuppy. Just let him try! ;-)