Friday, March 30, 2007
Oops, She Wants A Prisse

Click on image to enlarge

Today is the first day of Spring Break for the schools here in Indy. Last night, being Thursday, was girls night out. Jas and I are driving home after eating dinner at Taco Bell (her choice unfortunately) and she turns to me and says “Gwanma, I want you to take me to Florida on my Spring Break this week.”

“Florida?” I questioned. “You have to plan a trip like that out for weeks and months.”

“No you don’t” she said. “My teacher told us today that she is going to Clearwater Florida this week. We can just ride in her car with her and stay where she is staying.” Don’t you love the logic of a six year old?

After I dropped her off at home I noticed that she had left her pad of paper in the car and she had written a note on it. It was too cute not to share. I’m not exactly sure what a “Prisse” is but I’d give her one if I had one.

“Wen I got to my hoas!
I was happy as a!
Bug a Bug in a rug!
Will I get sumthing
It dupins if you
Be good! I don’t
Car if you get a Prisse. "
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 2:13 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At March 30, 2007 at 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    DM"
    I think "Prisse' = 'p r i z e...'
    otherwise the alternative is too gross for a 6-year-old to know. . . in the inner city it could mean p*ssy. . .

    [I sometimes write standard English/phonics lessons for ESL students and speakers of 'non-standard' English...remember Eubonics?]

     
  • At March 30, 2007 at 8:53 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I was thining present maybe and perhaps her attention was diverted from finishing the word. Prize could word though. It does look more like prize than present.

     
  • At March 31, 2007 at 12:50 AM, Blogger Sam

    Aww- that is A CUTE letter!!!
    Maybe prisse is a present and she didn't write the last latters.
    Anyway, it's sweet and funny, and good thing you kept it!

    Read the post below about the faith healer. Another reason why I'm positve the saying 'God helps those who help themselves' is a truism.
    :-)