Sunday, March 25, 2007
Oops, I’m Pissed



I am so angry I could spit nails! My doctor is a stupid bone-head. I went to the world renowned pancreatitis God, Dr. Lenham, and he said one of the things that was causing my flare-up of pancreatitis was my blood pressure medication. So Dr. Lehman had me stop taking the current medication and said he was going to send a “strong” letter to my doctor telling him what blood pressure medication I need to be taking, among other things. My doctor decided prior to getting the letter that he would just pick a medication out of thin air and hope it didn’t cause pancreatitis. Well guess what? Yes, it causes pancreatitis. I could have been on the road to recovery by now. It seems to me that going to doctors is causing me to get sicker, not better. I think I’ll take care of my own medical care from this point on. I am sure I could do a much better job than the bone-head I currently go to. And to make sure I am a legit doc I will even make myself wait for 30 minutes before I’ll see myself. I am busy after all.

Nothing I wrote made any damned sense at all did it? See what happens when I take pain meds?
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 4:01 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At March 26, 2007 at 9:34 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    Damn, Are you sure the second Doctor is right and not the first? Now it sounds like you need s thire opinion

     
  • At March 26, 2007 at 9:34 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    third, not thire

     
  • At March 26, 2007 at 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    OOOHHHH Daisy it really is a bitch. Makes you wonder where they get their MD's from--cornflakes boxes? The inside cover of Madd magazine? And, if to save yourself pain and $$, you check out some thing on the web, and bring it to their attention, they get all huffy like who are YOU to want to know what's going on in your body. I empathize TOTALLY. I've even read some DRs the riot act.

     
  • At March 26, 2007 at 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I understand completely.

     
  • At March 26, 2007 at 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I came across your blog while searching for pancreatitis. I have chronic pancreatitis resulting from an acute attack from a stone that was lodged in my main pancreatic duct. I am so sorry you suffer from this horrid, horrible, painful, nasty condition. I really hope you will find a doctor who will research and work with you to find answers, pain meds that work and is proactive in learning what prescriptions help or hinder. Oh, and I feel that same way about most doctors too. I would rather live on my bathroom floor and suffer than go to the hospital.
    Take care.

     
  • At March 27, 2007 at 7:29 AM, Blogger Sam

    I hope you find a nice, competant doctor whyo will cure you QUickly!!!!
    HUGS

     
  • At March 27, 2007 at 9:44 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Even with a 3rd or 4th opinion the result would be that drs are stupid Mark. I firmly believe that these days.

    You hit the nail on the head Ern, they got their liceses from cornflake boxes. :-)

    Amen Tiff and Lita!

    Sorry to hear you are in the same boat Suzi. I hope you have found the pancreatitis board that Gary Fry started several years ago. If not email me and I'll send you the link, It has been a life saver for me!

    Thanks Sam!