Saturday, March 31, 2007
Oops, It’s Forty Something



Do you remember that show from the late 80’s/early 90’s called “Thirty Something”? I remember watching it back then and thinking those people were so old and wishing they had a show called “twenty something”. Now I am thinking a show called “Eighty Something” would be too old for me. What was wrong with me in the late 80’s/early 90’s? How could I have ever possibly thought thirty something was old? I’d give my eye teeth (what the hell is an eye tooth anyway?) to be thirty something again. Why does happiness depend on a number? I don’t know why but it does. If I were thirty something I would be happy. But because I am forty something I’m too old to be happy or have a rich fulfilling life? Makes no sense to me. Damned numbers! I guess it’s the thought that you life is half over that hampers me. I know it doesn’t have to be downhill from here but damn I feel old. Oh to be thirty something again.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 6:08 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At April 1, 2007 at 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    ADA says: Cuspid (canine/eye tooth)
    Please, those of us past 40, past 50, err, past it don't need a reminder that we're closer to the end than the beginning. trust me, The 40s and 50s can be a blast. There are so many pitfalls you will have learrned how to avoid! And, besides, you can begin annoying people by saying "I remember when. . . "

     
  • At April 1, 2007 at 1:36 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Ah yes, I remember when... and back in my day... You're not making me fel any younger Ern. AAGGHHH!!!! ;-)