Sunday, October 5, 2008
Oops, I'm Changing Race
Hurray, I’m still alive! Well, barely, but nonetheless. Life is still the same old depressing blah blah that it’s been all year long. 2008 has been one crappy year I gotta say. Nothing new to report really. Some days are better then others. There have been some pretty depressing things that have occurred but there have been some freaking awesome things that have occurred as well.



Something depressing is happening but I am hesitant to mention it. Oh what the heck - I am turning black and orange. Or rather, I turned orange and now I am turning black. You see, in Indiana the water is very hard and mineraly so you have to have a water softener. The water is not fit to drink or cook with or even to bathe in. It’s disgusting. Our water softener stopped working a couple of months ago. First my hair and toe nails started turning orange. Then my finger nails turned orange. Now my finger tips and nails are turning black from the mineral build up. We can’t even wash our clothes in our home anymore because everything turns orange. It’s the damnedest thing I ever saw. It’s literally disgusting. And the more I wash my hands the blacker they turn. Unfortunately I am an obsessive hand washer so I am getting the worst of the situation. It’s going to be extremely expensive to replace our water softener because of the plumbing issues involved. So by the time my money arrives (I’m expecting a big check) and we can replace the water softener I may have to change my race on my drivers license. Good thing I’m fond of orange.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 1:02 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At October 5, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    I didn't know Indiana had water like that! Maybe you can get a cistern and collect rainwater! Rainwater is good for bathing, but I don't know about drinking and cooking, after its flowed over your roof.
    You DO look a little yellow in the pic. How come it's not affecting the hubster?

     
  • At October 6, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Blogger Cindy N.

    Good Heavens! I have never seen a race like yours! Exactly what race is it and what planet do you come from?

    All kidding aside, That is really wild and I am so sorry you are having to go through this. You have a great sense of humor about it. I probably would stay hidden in the dark. Do you need me to send you some water?

     
  • At October 6, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I think the hubster must have a thick skin Mark and that's why the water isn't affecting him. Although his teeth are starting to get an orange tint. Or maybe that was from the pumkin pie I made this weekend.

    Yes Cindy SEND WATER!!!!

     
  • At October 6, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Does this mean you already have a costume for halloween? Seriously, if its turning your skin orange, what's it doing to your insides? Have you checked? I'd send some Lake Michigan water, but it would likely contain those asian carp that jump right out of the water and into the boat!

     
  • At October 7, 2008 at 6:43 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Too bad my skin isn't turning green Ern, then I could be the wicked witch of the west. LOL

     
  • At October 8, 2008 at 5:47 AM, Blogger Mindie

    Is that a real picture? Lol, I am gullible, but I have never seen anyone so orange. Maybe you need to move to Florida. :)