Sunday, January 25, 2009
Oops, SOS For Life


Yesterday the hubster and I were driving and he noticed the car in front of us had a bumper sticker that said “Save the ta-ta’s.” He’s all for the ta-ta’s, he said, but what about gender equality? What about prostrate cancer? That’s a major killer too. When are we going to think about the men, he wondered? Well, I’ve taken care of that. I created a “Save our Schlong’s” ribbon. Aka SOS. It uses a flesh colored ribbon. The detail on the end of the ribbon might be a little much though. But hey, S.O.S. for life, baby!



Today is my Grandma’s birthday. She would have been 101 today. Sadly, she passed away in December 1995. Hardly a day goes by that I don’t think about her, and miss her. She and my grandfather raised me from the time I was younger than two. Funny how you never really appreciate what you have until it’s gone. I often think back to that last day of her life where I sat with her the entire day as she lay in a coma. I didn’t move from her side that day. It was one of those days that you look back on and say, “I did the right thing and I’m glad.” Anyway, Happy Birthday Grandmom! I’ll eat massive quantities of cake and ice cream in your honor today.



And speaking of family, my poor, little bitty, sweetie pie, granddaughter has been in her first car accident. Her other grandma was driving yesterday with Jas in the back seat. She turned her vision away from the road for just a minute and when she turned back the cars in front of her were stopped and she plowed right into them. The impact was so hard, both air bags deployed. Everyone is okay, abet a tad bit sore today. Jas was pretty shaken up by the whole experience as you can imagine an eight year old involved in her first car accident would be.



And still on the subject of family, please continue to keep my son in law, daughter and grandpug in your prayers. Three soldiers in my son in laws unit lost their lives yesterday. It breaks my heart every time I hear that, and it pisses me off because such a thing should not be happening. I am one of those fools that believes we should all be able to get along. How stupid is that?
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 8:09 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At January 25, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    ahem, those ribbons are a hoot!
    Thank goodness you had grandpparents who were will and able to do a great job. Happy Birthday, Indeed.
    You going to make Jaz's favorite cookies when she comes by this week? You know, to take he edge off the accident. B, SB And Booger Are the top of my pryer list.

     
  • At January 25, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Hi Ern. Is it as cold there as it is here? Nope, no cookie making this week. We have something better going on today - jewelry making! She's already made a bracelet and a pair of earrings and is working on another pair.

     
  • At January 25, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Blogger Marty

    SOS indeed! ;D

     
  • At January 26, 2009 at 4:00 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    Save the Ta-Ta's! I couldn't agree more.
    My Grandfather was born in 1895 and died in 1976. He was my favorite relative. I still celebrate his birthday.
    Jas probably thought the crash was cool! Airbags deploying! Cool!
    Possibly.
    Glad everyone's OK

    my word verification is 'diners'