Monday, January 19, 2009
Oops, Its Only Food

(click on image to enlarge)

What kind of a dumbbell buys a goldfish and doesn’t buy goldfish food? The dumb son of the dumb mother that bought goldfish food for the poor hungry goldfish, only to discover that the goldfish was food for the bigger fish. Yeah, dumb and dumber. How was I to know? Sure, I could have mentioned to my son that I was buying fishfood for his … fishfood. But I never dreamed that he was feeding his fish live fish. What kind of a sick, twisted household am I running here where we feed living things to our pets? Next thing I know he’ll be buying live squirrels for the dog to eat for dinner.


(click on image to enlarge)

What really annoys me is that I stressed all day Sunday about it until I could stand it no longer and went and bought the poor little fish some food. Fred was his name. My eight-year-old granddaughter named him. Rest in Peace dear Fred, we hardly knew ye.

 
posted by Daisy Martin at 8:18 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At January 19, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    Once you name it, it's a pet, not food.
    And to quote from a famous movie, "Fish are friends, they aren't food"
    (Bruce the shark, Finding Nemo)

     
  • At January 19, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    EEWWWWW.
    I've never completely trusted anyone who fed live food to their pet. That includes mice for snakes and mealworms for birds, It just seems creepy to me. I Know I know, they eat live in the wild, but once they're in a home..... well it's just wrong!

     
  • At January 19, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Hah! You hit the nail on the head Mark; fish are friends not food. Well, except for catfish when they are fried. That's differnt though.

    My sentiments exactly Ern. I tell ya, I'm going to come home and find him feeding baby possums to the dog any day now. Scary!

     
  • At January 20, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Blogger Mindie

    Awww...poor little Fred. I can't help it though, I am one of those creepy people who can't take their eyes off a snake eating a live mouse. It's the nature lover in me, it fascinates me that even store bred snakes have that instinct to capture and kill...and this is coming from someone who loves Animal Planet. I'm not really sick or a creepy person. Just fascinated with animals and their natural behavior. Lol..

     
  • At January 20, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Sounds like the train-wreck theory to me Mindy. You know - it's horrifying but you can't tear your eyes away from it. LOL. Greg is like you and loves to watch that stuff on animal planet. I have to turn away half the time. Especially when lions are eating some poor antelope or zebra.

     
  • At January 21, 2009 at 4:48 AM, Blogger Sam

    I think fish thrive on less food, not more, lol.

    And loved the tombstone - very apt.

    Still snowing??

     
  • At January 21, 2009 at 7:28 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Actually, I don't want to jinx it Sam, but I haven't seen a snowflake today...yet. The day is young though. It's certainly cold enough to snow.