Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Oops, She’s Slutty




“Mmmmm…” I said as he pulled my body to him and moved slowly against me in a very appealing way.

“Lets go to bed” he said.

“Oh…Yes” I said.

An hour later we were sitting up in his bed propped against fluffy pillows struggling to catch our breath. He lit a cigarette. I didn’t smoke and never had, but a strong urge to puff on a cigarette overtook me. I grabbed his pack and extracted one.

His eyes were quizzical as he looked from me to his cigarette pack.

“Sorry, it just seemed like a cigarette moment”. I put the pack on the nightstand and laid the unlit cigarette next to it.

“Doll, you don’t want to take up smoking. Trust me on that.” He said. His eyes ran up and down my nude body as he drew a lung full of smoke. The tented rise of the sheets told me he was ready for seconds.

I looked at my watch. Only eleven. “I should be going” I said.

His hand stroked my leg inching up my thigh. He smiled seductively.

Being an amiable lover I kissed him in any number of places, never lingering too long in any one spot. “I really must go” I said between kisses.

He pulled me closer. “There’s only one place you’re going right now”.

I forgot all about the time as our bodies became one.

I got up early the next morning, dressing quickly in the half-light, not wanting to awaken him.

The embarrassment of the wanton way my body had betrayed me, didn’t fully hit me until I was stepping out of the shower in my own apartment twenty minutes later.


No, I’m not sleeping around, I am working on my novel today. Last night we had another Indy writer’s Group meeting. I could scarcely sleep last night for wanting to sit down at the computer and pound out a few lines. (No pun intended).

The question is – do you think it is okay for the heroine to sleep around in a romantic mainstream novel or is she supposed to only sleep with the man she ends up with?
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 10:09 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At April 10, 2007 at 11:47 PM, Blogger Sam

    Great excerpt!!!

    As for your question - it probably depends on the story. I think most romance readers expect the man and woman to be true to each other once they've met - but before that, they had lives, right?
    :-)

     
  • At April 11, 2007 at 6:20 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    well shoot! They've already met (he is her boss). Maybe I should move the sex scene to the end of the book and make it with her boss instead of her neighbor. But her neighbor is just so darn cute! :-o

     
  • At April 11, 2007 at 3:00 PM, Blogger Pynchon

    She should sleep around with both men (and women), as the experience gained will please her true love when she finally gets to him (or her).

     
  • At April 11, 2007 at 8:09 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Oh I'm sure you would like that Pynchon! maybe I'll have to email you the sex scenes from the book as I write them to get your take on them. I know... put more sex in them and with multiple and frequent partners. (Rolling my eyes)