Thursday, April 12, 2007
Oops, It's A Wrap

(click on above image to enlarge and see it's awesomeness)


Okay, it's not a wrap, it's a cookbook cover but you understand what I mean. Yes, my cookbook cover's first draft is complete. I don't know if this is the one I will end up going with or not, but it was the first one I have designed. I sort of like it but sort of don't.

My confusion is with the title. Do I call the cookbook "Cooking with my friends" or do I call it "Complete guide to our very favorite foods"? Or maybe it needs to be called something different altogether. What's your opinion? Maybe "Complete guide to our utmost favorite foods"? "Cooking with Daisy Mae"?

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to come up with an awesome title for the cookbook. The winning title will get a complimentary cookbook at no charge. and don't forget, there is still time to email me your favorite recipes to put in the cookbook with your name.

I guess my other question is the author name. Should I keep it as "compiled by (my name)" or merely my name or "By (my name)" or "(my name) and Friends"? Whadda ya think?
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 7:58 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At April 14, 2007 at 6:23 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Actually, I like the title you have, although it would be cool if I could come up with something wicked awesome so I got a free copy.

    "There's More to Life than Laundry"

    "Friends in the Kitchen"

    "A Compilation of Cool Cooks Favorite Recipes"

    "...May I have some more, please?..."

    "Stuff even Mikey would like..."

    "Great Minds; Great Recipes"

    "Who needs sex when you have friends that can cook like this?"

    "Pass the Delicious, Please!"

    OK, so I have nothing...sorry. I am so proud of you though! HUGS - Sandy

     
  • At April 15, 2007 at 7:03 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I really like those titles Sandy! You may just win a complimentary copy just for playing. LOL

     
  • At April 17, 2007 at 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I like your title, but perhaps "Almost Complete" could be used instead of "Complete." Allows rooms for a sequel! Also, I prefer your name and friends.

    And here's the easiest marinade ever for chicken or pork:

    Equal parts soy sauce, brown sugar and dijon mustard. Whisk together, pour over chicken or pork. Allow to marinate at least a couple of hours before grilling.

    And here's the easiest 'homemade' salsa recipe ever:

    Take a jar of Pace Piquante, medium or mild heat. To that, stir in (however much of any of this stuff that you want)

    diced fresh tomatoes, diced avocado, diced sweet onion, fresh, raw kernals of sweet corn (sliced off the cob), loads of fresh, chopped cilantro, squeezes of fresh lime and anything else you want to throw in. This is fantastic.

     
  • At April 19, 2007 at 9:13 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Thanks for the input Lin, I appreciate it. I think you are onto something with the changes.

    BTW your recipe just made the book. It sounds too good not to include it!